I’m just going to cut to the chase: This pizza was awesome!
If you like Jalapeño Poppers, please make this.
The “sauce” is simple: Cream Cheese, Goat Cheese, Scallions, Garlic, and Olive Oil.
Mix the softened cheeses together and then add the scallions, garlic, and about a tablespoon or less of olive oil.
Add just enough olive oil to make the mixture spreadable.
The Toppings: Hot Italian Sausage, Pancetta, Pepper Jack Cheese, and Jalapeños.
Brown the sausage:
Fry up several slices of pancetta:
You can also use bacon.
Grate the Pepper Jack cheese:
You can also use Monterey Jack.
And thinly slice a jalapeño:
I buy pre-made dough from my grocery store’s deli.
You can read all about how I sling it HERE.
Put the dough on a hot pizza stone:
Then spread on the cream cheese mixture.
I used my hands to spread it out. Grandma always said, “Your hands are your best kitchen tool.”
Add the Hot Italian Sausage:
The Pepper Jack Cheese:
The sliced Jalapeños:
And last but certainly not least, the Pancetta:
Put the pizza in a preheated 500F oven.
After about 10 minutes, the crust will be golden brown.
Try to wait a few minutes before you slice it.
Oh my gosh.
No kidding, this Jalapeño Popper Pizza is my favorite pizza so far!
- The Sauce:
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 oz Goat Cheese, softened
- 3-4 Scallions, chopped
- 1-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs (or less) Olive Oil
- The Toppings:
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 8-10 slices Pancetta
- Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1-2 Jalapeños
- Pizza dough, homemade or store bought.
- Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 500F.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the softened goat cheese.
- Add the scallions, garlic, and about a tablespoon or less of olive oil.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Brown the sausage and fry the pancetta until crispy.
- Thinly slice a jalapeños.
- Sling and form the dough (see my how to above).
- Carefully take the hot pizza stone out of the oven and put the formed dough on the hot stone.
- Spread the cream cheese sauce on the dough -- I use my clean hands.
- Add the Hot Italian Sausage, the Pepper Jack Cheese, the sliced Jalapeños, and the Pancetta.
- Bake in a 500F oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.