Easy Tzatziki Recipe
Not interested in the step-by-step? Skip to the recipe.
Tzatziki is a Greek sauce served with grilled meats or as a dip.
The other night I created this easy tzatziki recipe to serve with lamb kofta kebabs.
This tzatziki sauce is a cinch to make and you only need a few ingredients: Greek yogurt, a cucumber, the juice of a lemon, a clove of garlic, dill, and salt.
You can also use mint or parsley in place of the dill.
Start with about 1 1/2 cups of Greek Yogurt.
Then grate the cucumber:
All but the middle part where the seeds are.
This next step is very important: Squeeze the water out of the grated cucumber.
You can do this with a cheesecloth, a thin kitchen towel, or your hands.
I used my hands.
Simply grab a handful of the grated cucumber and squeeze the water out through your fingers.
Of course, you’ll want to do this over a bowl or sink.
Add the well-squeezed grated cucumber to the Greek yogurt:
And then add the lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped dill, and a dash of salt.
Mix everything together and taste it.
It might need another dash of salt.
And that’s it!
Serve cold with crudités or pita bread or grilled meat.
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 TBS chopped dill (mint or parsley)
- Salt, to taste
- Peel and grate the cucumber (all but the middle part where the seeds are).
- Squeeze the water out of the cucumber with a cheesecloth, thin towel, or your hands.
- Add the grated cucumber, lemon juice, minced garlic, and chopped dill to the Greek yogurt.
- Stir everything together.
- Add salt, to taste.
- Serve cold with crudités, pita bread or grilled meat.
Leave a Reply