Not interested in the step-by-step? Skip to the recipe.
Yesterday I experimented with an idea I’ve seen a zillion and one times on Pinterest:
Zucchini Pizza Snacks.
It all started because I pulled this beauty from our garden:
Once I realized I had all of the ingredients needed for this little gooey treat, I knew it was time to just go for it.
I cooked the sliced zucchini for a couple of minutes on each side using a cast iron grill pan.
Then topped each zucchini slice with marinara sauce:
And then added shredded mozzarella and pepperoni to each slice.
I threw the zucchini pizza snacks under the broiler until the mozzarella was melted:
And that is all there is to it!
Simple, gooey, and healthy.
Just go with it.
- **The amount of ingredients needed will all depend on how much zucchini you use.
- Zucchini, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella, shredded
- Pepperoni, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano, optional
- Season the zucchini slices with salt and pepper.
- Cook zucchini for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cooked zucchini to an oven proof pan. Lightly grease the pan or use parchment paper.
- Put some marinara sauce on each zucchini slice.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and then pepperoni.
- Broil the zucchini pizza snacks until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with oregano, if desired.