Bacon Sandwiches

I love bacon.

I love cooking with bacon but not as much as I love to eat it!

Bacon Is Better

My love for bacon started when I was a kid. It was the one thing my parents knew I would eat. That, and a jar of pickles.

I guess some things never change.

So, my favorite sandwich is of course a Bacon Sandwich.

My version of a BLT is Bacon, Lettuce and Toast:

BLT

No tomato or mayo. All you need is good bread and real butter.

I repeat, Real Butter.

I did make a BLT with sun dried tomatoes once:

Bacon with Sun Dried Tomatoes

It was just ok.

Bacon and Jam is superb!

John made fun of me the first time he saw me make one. He thought it was the craziest thing he’d ever seen and was certain that I was the only one in the whole world who would enjoy such a crazy concoction.

Not long after that, we had breakfast with his parents. You should have seen the look on John’s face when his mom put bacon in between her toast with jam and made a Bacon and Jam Sandwich.

Priceless.

Have you ever tried a Grilled Bacon and Peanut Butter? My good friend, Martha introduced me to Grilled PB&B:

Bacon and Peanut Butter

You should just trust me and make one. Martha knows what she is talking about.

She also shares my love for Grilled Cheese and Bacon.

Our favorite places to meet for breakfast are restaurants that serve lunch all day. We like to order a Grilled Cheese and Bacon sandwich with a side order of greasy onion rings. Yes, for breakfast.

One thing is for sure, we are reminded of that breakfast and each other all day long.

But!

The bacon sandwich of ALL bacon sandwiches is Bacon and Basil:

Bacon & Basil

Oh. My. Goodness.

Nothing comes close.

Salty bacon and sweet basil… Scrumptious!

I suppose you can go ahead and have yours with tomato and mayonnaise, but I can’t be convinced that it is any good.

Bacon & Basil

Me? Stubborn? Nah…

What are your Bacon Sandwich ideas? I’d love to try them!

You might also like:

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Bacon Sandwiches

1. Drew says:

Ummm. I really need to eat bacon now.

2. Angela says:

It might sound crazy, but one of the best sandwiches is peanut butter, bacon, mayo and tomato on toast. For some reason the flavors are perfect together

3. nice idea! I like it.

4. heather says:

bacon and basil sounds great. have you tried bacon and roasted asparagus? oh my. bacon + roasted asparagus + fried/poached egg is even better! mmm.

cheers,

*heather*

5. Thanks, Heather… I will definitely try bacon & roasted asparagus!
    Sorry, Angela… I don’t eat mayo but I’ll pass that one on to my Mayo-Lovin’ friends!

6. Kathryn says:

I think I may have to try bacon and asparagus too!

7. Mary says:

bacon and dill pickle sandwich on rye

8. Oh yum! I’m gonna try that one for sure!!

9. bigtim says:

I have made Grill Cheese and Bacon sandwiches. I cook the bacon to crispy, then crunch it into the cheese and then grill. The best Grilled Cheese I think I’ve ever had. It’s a perfect marriage. As perfect as the Bacon Cinnamon rolls I’ve made.

10. I agree! I just made a Grilled Gruyere and Bacon… Mmm. Wow, Bacon Cinnamon rolls I need to make… I do not bake, but THAT may cause me to make an exception :)

11. MarkB says:

Bacon and jam, yes. But not just any jam. Strawberry is THE jam to complement bacon. Really. There’s something magical about that combo. On lightly toasted white bread. My Dad introduced me at an early age.

12. Buford Gooch says:

Bacon on rye with raw spinach instead of lettuce. Mustard is a necessary ingredient on bacon sandwiches.

13. MN says:

What kind of bread did you use for this? Looks good!

14. Thanks, MN! I used Pepperidge Farm Oatmeal Bread…

15. Thanks for the idea, Buford… I will give Rye and Spinach a try!

16. Grazor says:

bacon, avocado and pepper jelly…….yes……!

17. Kenny says:

Macaroni and cheese bacon thick bologna cheese BBQ sauce grape jelly all on toast
    Sounds good huh

18. Griffin says:

Never had a PB&B before. You’ve made me curious.