The recipe calls for 5 ingredients which makes it my kind of recipe: fast and simple.
All you need are pistachios, a lemon, chives, olive oil, and scallops.
Start with 1/2 cup of shelled roasted and salted pistachios:
And chop them with a knife or chopper. I used a chopper because I am lazy.
Chop the chives:
And zest the lemon.
Combine the chopped pistachios, chives, lemon zest, juice from the lemon, and olive oil.
Let those flavors marry while you prepare the scallops.
Wash the scallops and then remove the “catch” muscle attached to the side.
The scallop uses it to keep its shell closed for long periods of time.
You don’t want to eat it.
Dry the scallops, season them with salt and pepper, and add them to a hot pan.
I used a cast iron grill pan but any hot pan or grill will work.
Depending on the size of your scallops, cook them for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Once cooked, simply top each scallop with the pistachio, chives, and lemon mixture.
It’s that easy! And: gorgeous.
And: tastes like summer.
We enjoyed it as our main course but it would also work very well as an appetizer.
- ½ cup pistachios, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBS chives, chopped
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 10- 12 sea scallops
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine the chopped pistachios, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Wash the scallops and then remove the “catch” muscle attached to the side.
- Dry the scallops.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Cook the scallops on a hot pan for 1-2 minutes on each side, depending on the size.
- Once cooked, top each scallop with the pistachio, chives, and lemon mixture.