Not interested in the step-by-step? Skip to the recipe.
Yesterday I experimented with an idea I’ve seen a zillion and one times on Pinterest:
Zucchini Pizza Snacks.
It all started because I pulled this beauty from our garden:
Once I realized I had all of the ingredients needed for this little gooey treat, I knew it was time to just go for it.
I cooked the sliced zucchini for a couple of minutes on each side using a cast iron grill pan.
Then topped each zucchini slice with marinara sauce:
And then added shredded mozzarella and pepperoni to each slice.
I threw the zucchini pizza snacks under the broiler until the mozzarella was melted:
And that is all there is to it!
Simple, gooey, and healthy.
Just go with it.
After we devoured them John said, “That might be the best use of zucchini I’ve ever had.”
- **The amount of ingredients needed will all depend on how much zucchini you use.
- Zucchini, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella, shredded
- Pepperoni, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano, optional
- Season the zucchini slices with salt and pepper.
- Cook zucchini for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cooked zucchini to an oven proof pan. Lightly grease the pan or use parchment paper.
- Put some marinara sauce on each zucchini slice.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and then pepperoni.
- Broil the zucchini pizza snacks until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with oregano, if desired.