Texas EggFest 2013

John and I went to Austin last weekend for the Texas EggFest.

Texas EggFest 2013

It was held at Iguana Grill on Lake Travis.

What is an EggFest?

Texas EggFest 2013

It is a venue for people who enjoy cooking on a Big Green Egg or who want to start cooking on one.

Texas EggFest 2013

Last month we attended our first EggFest — the Sunshine State Eggfest.

That is when we heard about the fest in Austin and immediately made plans to attend.

Texas EggFest 2013

We met so many wonderful people.

Texas EggFest 2013

I talk to most of them on the forums — HERE and HERE — but this is the first time we met in person.

Texas EggFest 2013

Another great thing about attending an EggFest is the food!

Texas EggFest 2013

There were over 100 EggHeads cranking out fantastic food.

Texas EggFest 2013

Check out some of these cooks!

Texas EggFest 2013

I know! And it doesn’t stop there!

We ate and ate and ate.

And ate some more.

Texas EggFest 2013

We took a break from eating and watched the Texas Eggfest University.

Texas EggFest 2013

And listened to the band.

Texas EggFest 2013

Then, we jumped back in for another round of eating!

Texas EggFest 2013

It was hard work, but someone had to do it.

Texas EggFest 2013

There were over 500 tasters at the EggFest, and we were thrilled to be among them.

Texas EggFest 2013

What an amazing afternoon of friends, food, and Big Green Egging!

Texas EggFest 2013

Thank you, BBQ Outfitters and Iguana Grill for a spectacular event.

And a special thanks to all of the cooks… awesome food, Y’all!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

To see more photos from the EggFests I’ve attended, click HERE.

Also, please feel free to save and share any of my photos.

However, they are Licensed and Copyrighted Images, so please do not claim them and post them as your own. A simple link back to Necessary Indulgences is greatly appreciated.
If you wish to use any of my photos for promotional purposes, please contact me for permission.

You might also like:

Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Texas EggFest 2013

1. Michelle L. says:

What a great event! The food looks incredible–definitely a delicious way to spend a weekend. Which one will you attend next?

2. Kim Y says:

The fest in Austin is on my must do list for sure…a great time was had by all..

3. Michelle: I don’t know, but you need to come with me!
    Kim: See you there next year! ;)

4. Jim Legros AKA Jupiter Jim says:

Thanks for sharing looks like a great time was had by all and you got to meet the Chickens :)
    Jupiter Jim & KayNOcook

5. Griffin says:

Great write-up. Looks like it was an awesome time. Bummed that we weren’t able to attend and missed out on meeting you. Maybe next time…

6. Stan says:

I’ve got a quick question for you but first, I want to thank you for having such an AMAZING blog! I just found it from a forum and it’s got lots of great info.

We are thinking about getting a BGE and will be attending an Eggfest this year. They charge $25 so my question is, does that cover the food or do we need to pay for food while we are there?

Also, if the food is no extra charge, should we tip some of the people’s food we taste? I’m sure they spend a lot of money on that and I am not sure how this all works because I’ve never been to an Eggfest before.

Thanks!

7. Hi Stan! Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate that. :)
    I’ve only been to two EggFests, both times we purchased a “Taster Ticket”. With that, we were free to eat everything we saw. I’ll warn you, start slow and graze… you will fill up fast. ;) No need to tip, just go and talk to the folks cooking, you’ll learn a lot… I am still learning from those guys & gals and I’ve been cooking on a BGE for 10 years now. What EggFest are you going to? They are addicting… I can’t wait for our next one!
    What forum are you on? Look me up, I’m on a couple under NecessaryIndulg.
    ~k.

8. Stan says:

Awesome, I can’t wait! We will be going to the Seattle Eggfest which is next month. My wife and I built our own little mini smoker and love it and now I think we really want to get either a BGE or a Costco knockoff of one.

They aren’t cheap but I’m still leaning towards the BGE. We are totally new at all of this though so I’m excited to learn about all it can do. Your blog is amazing with lots of great pictures, entertainment and information!

9. Chris says:

This is one of the top 3 Eggfests that I’d like to attend.

10. It was a great time, Chris! Plus, it’s in Austin, super close to Black’s BBQ in Lockhart! :D